1. Construction: A rubber boat is made of an inflatable rubber hull, while a RIB has a rigid hull with an inflatable collar.
2. Stability: A RIB is more stable than a rubber boat because the rigid hull provides better stability in the water.
3. Speed: A RIB can typically achieve higher speeds than a rubber boat due to its stiffer hull and better motor.
4. Usage: RIBs are often used in professional and military contexts, while rubber boats are commonly used in recreational activities such as fishing, boating, and diving.
5. Price: Generally, a RIB is more expensive than a rubber boat due to its more advanced design and construction.
6. Maintenance: With RIB boats higher quality, they often require more maintenance than rubber boats since they have more fixed parts that require maintenance.